1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

frontpage extensions problems

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Passie, Jun 15, 2005.

  1. Passie

    Passie Guest

    0
     
    After the last upgrade (7.5.3) i have problems running frontpage extensions on a site/domain.
    Installing and removing frontpage extensions on my other sites/domains goes ok, absolute no problems at al.

    When I try to install FP extensions on that specific site/domain it will install’s everything for HTTPS like the directory’s _vti_bin/ _vti_cnf/ _vti_log/ _vti_pvt and _vti_txt but for the HTTP section it only creates the directory _vti_pvt and that’s it…for HTTPS it works ok but for HTTP I get a page not found what is obvious cause there are directory’s missing.
    I have already recreated the httpd.include file for that site but that didn’t helped either.
    In the /usr/local/frontpage I can see the links/directories site.com:80.cnf and site.com:443.cnf so its looks fine to me.

    Can somebody help me with this situation, like are there other things I can try to fix frontpage extensions for that site.

    Thank you
     
  2. serial-thrilla

    serial-thrilla Guest

    0
     
    similar problem for myself as well.

    only _vti_private gets created with a non-ssl enabled site in httpdocs.

    if i enable ssl, and enable frontpage non-ssl and frontpage ssl, it creates all the necessary directories, etc. in httpsdocs.

    however, for both above methods, the fpadmcgi.exe file is missing.
     
  3. worker

    worker Guest

    0
     
    I dont know how to fix that, but:
    You could ln -s httpdocs httpsdocs, and then reinstall and it would all be in one dir.
     
  4. GwaiLo

    GwaiLo Guest

    0
     
    I'm also having this exact problem, have been unable to find a cause or solution... and there don't seem to be any logs that might explain why it's freezing when generating the frontpage directories in the /home/httpd/vhosts/domainName/httpdocs/.

    --Andrew
     
  5. serial-thrilla

    serial-thrilla Guest

    0
     
    i love how well the feedback from the plesk team on these issues is!
     
  6. voodoochile

    voodoochile Guest

    0
     
    Bumpage for the same problem.
     
  7. AndrewT

    AndrewT Guest

    0
     
    Did any body figure this out?
     
  8. tjk78

    tjk78 Guest

    0
     
    I am having this same problem as well. Has anyone found a solution to this?
     
  9. verybad

    verybad Guest

    0
     
    Anyone found a solution to this. Ive been without frontpage extensions for ages now and I cant find a solution anywhere.
     
  10. verybad

    verybad Guest

    0
     
  11. zymsys

    zymsys Guest

    0
     
    I had a similar problem running Plesk 8.1.0 even after following the advice in KB #909. The client's error log contained something like this:

    Code:
    Incorrect permissions on webroot "/var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/_vti_pvt" and webroot's _vti_pvt directory in FrontPageAlias().
    
    I fixed it by going to their httpdocs folder and issuing the following command:

    Code:
    chgrp psaserv _vti_pvt
    
    Hopefully this may help someone who uses the search feature here.
     
Loading...