• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Frontpage Extensions Won't Install for 1 Domain ...

J

JustinTD

Ok here's the setup, Windows 2003 Ent Ed VDS, Plesk 8.2 for Windows, the domain I am using for the servers NS records (IE, the NS records which other domains use to point to the server) is UNIMATRIX424.COM, the hostname inside Plesk is set to ip-208-109-211-190.secureserver.net.

Now, here's the problem... for some reason the domain UNIMATRIX424.COM refuses to install FPSE. I have checked, on all the other domains in the Plesk control panel I can add/remove FPSE no problem, but on that one domain Plesk says it installed, but when I got to verify installation in IISAdmin it shows FPSE as not installed...

So here's what I have tried to fix the problem:
1. Remove and reinstall the extensions on that domain.
2. Remove and recreate the domain and hosting.
3. In the IISAdmin, try to install FPSE on that domain manually. This generates and error message about an inability to access the IIS config. I tested this on another domain by uninstalling FPSE on it via Plesk then attempting to re-add it manually through IIS and got the same error. So it would appear that the error is caused by Plesk taking control of FPSE instead of IIS handling it.

I am at a loss here, does anyone have any ideas?

Justin
[email protected]

I have tried a few new things to no avail ...

1. Remove the domain name and recreate it under a shared IP with domains that have FPSE working, no luck.
2. Manually added the ISAPI refernce to FPSE, no luck.

I am truley at a loss, and worst off I get NO support here (not from the forums more from Plesk/GoDaddy) ... GoDaddy says SWSoft is supposed to support this, SWSoft says GoDaddy is supposed to give me support, and both companys are offering paid support ... all I want is a product that freakin' works LOL, is that so much to ask?

Back