• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Troubleshooting Domain Connect with Ionos

Richard18

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.47 Update #5
Has anyone got any experience getting Domain Connect to work with Ionos?

I have a domain with them, the correct CNAME record is set up in the DNS settings (in the Ionos control panel) - _domainconnect CNAME _domainconnect.1and1.com

The Domain Connect extension is installed on my server, when I add the domain to Plesk it is successfully added but I never see an option to "Link via Domain Connect"

I've followed this guide: Connecting Your Domain to Plesk Obsidian - IONOS Help

What am I missing?

just add a new A record, put in your plesk IP address. Once pointed then add the domain into plesk itself

Thanks and sorry, I should have said, there's already an A record for the domain pointing to my Plesk IP. The domain is fully set up on the Ionos side with all the A, CNAME, MX and TXT records I need. It's just Domain Connect that refuses to appear in Plesk, there's no mention of it anywhere in the Domain DNS section, it just lists the default zone template records, no option to link.

This isn't very helpful but I gave up trying and decided to host my own primary DNS locally, with my domain registrar (Gandi) throwing in free secondary DNS.

Thankyou, @Richard18. Having chatted with their support today, they recommended to manually copy the desired DNS entries from the DNS settings page in Plesk (for the domain in question) to the appropriate DNS settings page of the IONOS customer backend. This works for me, though as well as being far from perfect.

Hi, found out how to use the Domain Connect
Go to your domain in Plesk, go to the DNS, Click Enable, then you will have a green message at the top that says :
"Do you want to connect yourdomain.com to Plesk automatically? Connect using Domain Connect."
Hope it helps

Back