• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FrontPage Form Mail issue

L

logan@jatol

When my client submits a FrontPage form on his site it shows him:

"FrontPage Error.
User: please report details to this site's webmaster.

Webmaster: please see the server's application event log for more details. "

And when I look at the logs on the server I don't find anything about why tha happened. Can some one please help me?

I know the script is suppose to e-mail the output to the site owner, but it doesn't and I can't seem to trace down the issue. Any idea's or a way to make sure I get a output of what's wrong?

This issue use to be listed in the Event Viewer of Windows 2003 on Plesk 7.0.3, but not now on Plesk 7.5.5 (Windows 2003 SP1)

do they have email hosting for the same domain on the plesk server? i have found that if my customer's do not have email hosting i need to disable email in the cp and then the forms work (tested it with .php forms).

I had a similar issue with frontpage forms and I had to make sure that the dns was pointing to to the proper ip's for the A and WWW records. Did you just provision this domain on the serve?

Yes, on this server it was just added. Customer does host an e-mail account on this server :)

I will check to make sure everything is setup correctly though and post back.

Solution for me ...

I found if i create an email address under that domain name, then it works fine. So, I created an email called [email protected] and forwarded it to my normal email. Works like a charm

Back