• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Frontpage Help

DM1977

New Pleskian
I have been helping someone manage their website for several years, and with the recent update, I can no longer use FrontPage or SharePoint services to upload changed files to the remote server. I've been using this method the entire time, so now that this is no longer supported, the only way I could update was to use the File Uploader via the website admin page.

I've tried to read into FTP as an option, but when I access the admin site, there is no option to set one up. There is another option of WebDAV, which I have never heard of. I am not a web developer, and I only know enough to do very basic website management. The site is only updated once every 2-3 months, so I don't want to have to spend days getting this to work through FrontPage, and then hours to update it each time it is needed.

Question is, can I still use FrontPage for the website? If so, what do I need to do since I can no longer use the method I've used in the past?

Thank you for any help or info you may have.

Hi DM1977,

Do I need to install these on my computer?
Well, ... no... these extensions have to be installed on YOUR SERVER. Your home - PC and the installed software on it, is absolutely irrelevant for that.

How are these installed?
Even that the official support for the mentioned extensions has been dropped, you are still able to contact the Plesk Support ( => https://www.plesk.com/contact-us/support/ ) , where advanced system-administrators help you to achieve your desired goal to install these extensions on your server. ;)

Are there any good, free, easy, and basic website editing programs like Frontpage out there that won't be dropped a week after I start using it? I was able to get things working in Frontpage using FTP, but with my luck that option will no longer be supported starting tomorrow, which means I need to get away from Frontpage. If anyone has suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Back