• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Access Question... help please

L

loudmonkey

I just got a server with Plesk 7.5. I can SSH into the server just fine. However, I'm a novice at SSH. I have created 6 websites on the server. Each one comes with its own FTP user. I am able to access the server through FTP but I'm chrooted and restricted to onedomains section. Is there any way to create a super FTP user that has access to the whole server rather then just one domain section?

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS... I've tried root (I think Plesk disables FTP for root in the ftpuser file)... I've tried FTP with my Plesk Admin account settings. Nothing seems to work. Can I edit a file to allow one off my FTP accounts access to everything on the server?

Thanks,
Jon

Are you the Server owner, or just leasing domains on someone else's server?

If it's your own server, you should be able to login as 'admin' using your Plesk admin password and have access to the whole server.

No such luck

I am the server admin. I have control over everything through Plesk... but I wanted FTP access to the whole server. I tried to login as "admin" with my Plesk admin password... no FTP access. It just 550 errored out in my FTP program. What am I doing wrong? Can I SSH in and make a Super FTP user that has access to the server root through FTP?

Thanks again for the help.

Jon

As far as any Plesk server I've owned, I have never had to do anything special to be able to SSH login as admin.

I suppose since you have root's password, you could SSH in as one of the other accounts and 'su root'

Actually, SSH is not the problem. I can SSH in as admin or root with no problems. I am just having problems with FTP. I cannot login to FTP as root or admin. So... I have to login as an FTP user. That sticks me in the directory for that users website. I cannot go above that website directory. I want to be able to FTP into the server and have access to everything. Is that possible? Is that a security issue? I know Plesk disables FTP access to the root user. I was just wondering if I could create a Super FTP user that has access to eveything.

Thanks for the help.
Jon

Back