1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

FTP Access to a single directory

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by zero@, Oct 18, 2006.

1. zero@

zero@ Guest

Is there any way to set up FTP access to one directory through Plesk?

I have a client who needs to give a single employee access to a single folder to upload large files - 4MB-800MB in size. They don't want to give their employees access to the site's base directory.

We could set up a Web User account, but they need to put the files in a specific place in the account because the files need to be there for an application. Could I maybe set up a symbolic link to the actual folder?

What other solutions are there?

2. zero@

zero@ Guest

Anyone ever experience the same issue? Is there any way to set up a separate FTP access for a single folder?

3. dw604

dw604 Guest

Run the following:

adduser ftpuser
    passwd ftpuser

Then add this to /etc/proftpd.conf

Code:
    <Directory /home/ftpuser/*>
            UserOwner                               ftpuser
            GroupOwner                              ftpuser
            AllowOverwrite                          on
    </Directory>
    No restart is necessary

4. zero@

zero@ Guest

Hey - thanks for the help, but it didn't work for me. Actually, it allowed access, but when I tested it, it let me into every file on the system. Obviously that wouldn't do. I'm running Debian 3.1 Sarge, and I haven't had anything like that happen before, but obviously that's bad.

I did follow these instructions , and it worked out first try. Thanks for your help, though.