• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Access to a single directory

Z

zero@

Is there any way to set up FTP access to one directory through Plesk?

I have a client who needs to give a single employee access to a single folder to upload large files - 4MB-800MB in size. They don't want to give their employees access to the site's base directory.

We could set up a Web User account, but they need to put the files in a specific place in the account because the files need to be there for an application. Could I maybe set up a symbolic link to the actual folder?

What other solutions are there?

Anyone ever experience the same issue? Is there any way to set up a separate FTP access for a single folder?

Run the following:

adduser ftpuser
passwd ftpuser

Then add this to /etc/proftpd.conf

Code:
<Directory /home/ftpuser/*>
        UserOwner                               ftpuser
        GroupOwner                              ftpuser
        AllowOverwrite                          on
</Directory>

No restart is necessary

Hey - thanks for the help, but it didn't work for me. Actually, it allowed access, but when I tested it, it let me into every file on the system. Obviously that wouldn't do. I'm running Debian 3.1 Sarge, and I haven't had anything like that happen before, but obviously that's bad.

I did follow these instructions , and it worked out first try. Thanks for your help, though.

Back