• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP account feature or bug?

MetodiD

New Pleskian
We use API to create customers on Plesk Panel. During that procedure we also create one ftp account for a user. The problem is that user is able to rename his username and since ftp account is a system account (/etc/passwd, /etc/shadow) we don't like that. Is there a way to forbid user changing ftp username and allow him only to change password?

I´m very unhappy with this, because with increasing numbers of customer it will happen that they try to choose the same username.

Additional: customer always choose easy usernames and password. If I enter the username I have the possibility to create something special to make it more secure.

So is there a way to disable this "feature"?

Is anyone able to help me? I have tried to contact email support but it gives me an error "Invalid Plesk Build".

all ftp account change password error in plesk 10.4.4
Error: system user update is failed: Unable to execute usermng: usermng: PAM password change failed: 20, Authentication token manipulation error System error 1: Operation not permitted usermng: Failed to set password for user 'ftpnamazy' System error 1: Operation not permitted

also when open file manager in control panel this error show
filemng: Unable to init new groups for user ftppetrokarin: Operation not permitted
System error 1: Operation not permitted

0: FileMng.php:172
Service_FileMng->_execAndGetOutput(array)
1: FileMng.php:21
Service_FileMng->ls(string '/var/www/vhosts//petrokarin.com', string 'dirs', string 'blocks')
2: FileManager.php:271
FileManager->ls_wrapper(string 'dirs', string '/var/www/vhosts//petrokarin.com')
3: FileManager.php:257
FileManager->ls_dirs_wrapper(string '/var/www/vhosts//petrokarin.com')
4: class.FileList.php:113
FileList->fetchFileList()
5: cList.php:85
cList->fetchList()
6: cList.php:104
cList->init()
7: FileManagerUIPointer.php:185
FileManagerUIPointer->accessItem(string 'GET', NULL null)
8: client.domain.hosting.file-manager.php:82
plesk__client__domain__hosting__file_manager->accessItem(string 'GET', NULL null)
9: UIPointer.php:595
UIPointer->access(string 'GET')
10: plesk.php:45

please help me
best regards

Last edited:
solve this problem with

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp10.13.4-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

Back