• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP and Virtual Directories

S

slpc

I need to create Virtual Directories within each account in Plesk, but it does not function like it would if I were to create virtual directories in IIS because it limits me to the paths found within each domain account. I need to be able to create virtual directories to a very specific folder on the server and I cannot do this using the virtual directory options within Plesk. So I have to do it using IIS. The problem with this is that I then have no way of accessing those virtual directories via ftp.

Is there a way around this?

Why doesn't the virtual directory work with FTP? From what I know, the IIS virtual directory will work in FTP however it won't show in the directory list.

To see the folder in the directory list in FTP, simply create a folder with the same name as the virtual directory with nothing in it. When you FTP, you will see it in the list, but when you change directories (cd) to it, it will actually route you to the virtual directory.

This works with IIS alone but I have not done it with Plesk.

Back