• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Backup Question - Can't select objects

DamianDC

New Pleskian
Hi, I'm using the latest Plesk and I'm trying to backup to an FTP server. I'm assuming the backing up went well because I see the file on the FTP server.

1. In Plesk, I'm seeing this - Restore the backup file despite a corrupted signature.
Q: What does this mean? How do I avoid this?

2. What do you want to restore? - You can select objects to restore only when you are restoring from backups that were created in Plesk 12.0 or later.
Q: I created the back in Plesk 12.0 or later, but the option for me to select objects is greyed out.

Some help please.

1. This option allows to restore backup with corrupted or inappropriate to this server signature (f.e. backup was created on other server or backup was updated and changed). Only admin can tick this option. It is not available for other users. When we restore backup from FTP server this option will be ticked "in advance" because we can verify the signature only after downloading backup.
2. Should be investigated.

I have this issue right now and it's a really big pile of sh*t because I now have to move all my users email accounts manually whilst losing all their data and giving each and every one a new password.

You said you'd investigate. Can't take more than more than half a year to investigate this simple issue, no?

edit: horribly slow workaround but at least it works:
1. create new backup and do not encrypt data
2. copy data from ftp back to server repository
3. check "Upload backup files without a valid signature"
4. wait until error message tells you that copy to server repository failed
5. go to server repository
6. restore from apparently failed backup using "Restore this backup despite the fact that it does not have a valid signature"

first and last time I've used this crappy backup manager that half of the time doesn't even manage to restore stuff.

Last edited:
Back