1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

FTP Backups failing

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by jhankins, Oct 25, 2005.

1. jhankins

jhankins Guest

Greetings,

I'm runing 7.5.3 and am having a problem backuping up to my ftp server. I've verified I can login with a regular client from the server and put files up with no issue. It fails from plesk however.

This is the error I get
    Unable to create the backup file: Error domain_bu execution: Can not upload backup file to FTP server.

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connnection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

---
    Any help appreciated.

2. swarm

swarm Guest

Actually Plesk 7.5.3 and 7.5.4 can't upload backup files to ftp in passive mode. So if port 20 closed somewhere then upload will fails.

3. siren@

siren@ Guest

Actually, it would be port 21. ;)

4. jhankins

jhankins Guest

actually

Active FTP :
    command : client >1024 -> server 21
    data : client >1024 <- server 20

so it's the inbound connection attempt fromthe server to the client's responded data port N+1 which will be some port greater than 1024. I tried turning off my Windows firewall and test but same result. Perhaps another firewall exists between that is blocking outbound.

Passive FTP :
    command : client >1024 -> server 21
    data : client >1024 -> server >1024