• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Backups failing

J

jhankins

Greetings,

I'm runing 7.5.3 and am having a problem backuping up to my ftp server. I've verified I can login with a regular client from the server and put files up with no issue. It fails from plesk however.

This is the error I get
Unable to create the backup file: Error domain_bu execution: Can not upload backup file to FTP server.

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connnection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

---
Any help appreciated.

Actually Plesk 7.5.3 and 7.5.4 can't upload backup files to ftp in passive mode. So if port 20 closed somewhere then upload will fails.

actually

Active FTP :
command : client >1024 -> server 21
data : client >1024 <- server 20

so it's the inbound connection attempt fromthe server to the client's responded data port N+1 which will be some port greater than 1024. I tried turning off my Windows firewall and test but same result. Perhaps another firewall exists between that is blocking outbound.

Passive FTP :
command : client >1024 -> server 21
data : client >1024 -> server >1024

Back