• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP client folders

C

colinjack

I hope this is the correct forum to post this too - seems the closest but no problem with moderator moving it!

I am trying to manage space on our server and need to understand the relationship between the \vhosts\Servers folders and the ftp users' home folder on the server. I seem to have a lot of duplicate files.

example: we have a website which has pdf files uploaded to the \vhosts\domain.com\httpdocs\data folder daily by ftp user ftp_uploader. In addition I see the same files in \vhosts\Servers\123\localuser\domain.com\ftp_uploader\ and also in \vhosts\Servers\456\localuser\domain.com\ftp_uploader\

In other words THREE times! This server has been upgraded through various versions of Plesk over the years and I wonder if we have something not quite right?

Can someone please enlighten me as to how the \vhosts\Servers folders actually work? I cannot understand why I have duplicate files - they don't seem to have any kind of symlink or similar to the website data.

Thanks

Back