• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP folder disappeared overnight

F

fregas

Not sure if plesk did this or not. I had a client who needed a seperate FTP site/directory from the one built into plesk. I did not want to give them a seperate FTP site with a new IP address. So instead, I went into the directory where plesk keeps the FTP folders for the default shared FTP address. On our system, this is F:\inetpub\vhosts\servers\4777

Under the 4777 folder, i created a new directory with the same name as the new FTP login i was giving the client. The client was able to use the new login and the new directory without issue for about a week. Now suddenly, this folder is gone and the FTP login quit working. I assume all his uploaded files are gone. It seems strange, but the only thing i could think of was that plesk erased that folder because it was created outside of plesk. Maybe i was doing this the wrong way.

THanks for any help you can provide.

Craig

Back