• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue FTP listing directory hanging. Log: Couldn't open /etc/ftpusers

KevinM

New Pleskian
Hi everyone, my Plesk Web Panel been working perfectly since install. All of the sudden (maybe after a Plesk update), a client informed me they could not FTP to their account. I proceeded to try with my account and the same result.

The logs show a successful user login:
Nov 28 06:39:55 pleskcp proftpd: pam_unix(proftpd:session): session opened for user kevixxx by (uid=0)
Nov 28 06:39:55 pleskcp proftpd[32144]: 127.0.0.1 (70.211.3.65[70.211.3.65]) - USER kevixxx: Login successful.

The FTP client just hangs and times out.

The proftpd Config
file has the following

#%PAM-1.0
auth required pam_listfile.so item=user sense=deny file=/etc/ftpusers onerr=succeed
auth required pam_shells.so
auth include system-auth
account include system-auth
session include system-auth
session required pam_loginuid.so

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Try to replace file /etc/pam.d/proftpd with following content:

#%PAM-1.0M-1.0
auth required pam_listfile.so item=user sense=deny file=/etc/ftpusers onerr=succeed
auth required pam_shells.so
auth include system-auth
account include system-auth
#session include system-auth
session required pam_loginuid.so

and resatrt xinetd service.

Thanks, I commented out that line and restarted xinetd. Same results as above. Any other solution's?

#session include system-auth

I did get this message in the log file after the timeout.

Nov 28 07:15:31 pleskcp proftpd: pam_env(proftpd:setcred): Unable to open config file: /etc/security/pam_env.conf: No such file or directory

I was able to get in by changing the Security Policy in Plesk CP.

Not sure if this was the best option.

x6zhBit.jpg

Back