• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Log in issues...

Y

YorkshireSteve

Hello,

I tried posting this earlier but think it might have failed - please forgive me if it appears twice!

I enabled SSH on a domain on one of our Plesk servers, and then shortly after disabled SSH. Since then, FTP for that domain isn't working - I simply get "530 Login incorrect". If I re-enable SSH I can connect via SFTP, but still not regular FTP. Other accounts have been unaffected.

I've tried resetting / changing the domain password, the username, reconfiguring the domain, upgrading all packages on the server (inc. Plesk) and physically rebooting the server. Nothing works, just the same error. I know that removing and re-adding the domain will probably work, however it's a large site with lots of traffic therefore would rather not have to do this if it's avoidable.

The server's running CentOS Linux 5.4, with Plesk 9.2.3 with latest updates all-round.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks,

Steve

Ni Nataliya,

Thank you very much for the response... The article helped, but didn't quite fix the problem. Changing the username (as instructed) didn't change the home directory in /etc/passwd.

Once I knew the problem was to do with the user's home directory I have to manually change this using the following command:

$ usermod -d /var/www/vhosts/my-domain.com/ username

I've tested this by changing the username and password in Plesk and it works fine now.

Thanks!

Steve

FTP Logs

Hi,
I have plesk 9.2. I have some difficulties in generating the ftp logs for my domains. How about can i do this. Can any one help please.

Back