• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Login doesn't work

D

Dino25

Hello,
after my upgrade from Plesk 7.5.4 Reloaded to Plesk 8 i can't login anymore via FTP.

The Message is:
The Folder could not be reached.
The Server connection was closed.

This comes on every customer.

I think it's a server issue.

Machine is SuSE 9.3 64-Bit / 1&1 Internet AG

Need help!
THANKS

I don now if you fixed that yet, but the problem is in /etc/hosts, just verify that your info is OK there.

I have a customer who upgraded and now cannot SSH or FTP into the server, as if something dealing with the PAM authentication was changed on the box. Domain creation is also taking an incredible amount of time (at least two minutes but I didn't wait for a response). If I find a solution, I'll post it. That solution may be hard to find, as there is no way to log into the box right now :)

Originally posted by Dino25
Hello,
after my upgrade from Plesk 7.5.4 Reloaded to Plesk 8 i can't login anymore via FTP.

The Message is:
The Folder could not be reached.
The Server connection was closed.

This comes on every customer.

I think it's a server issue.

Machine is SuSE 9.3 64-Bit / 1&1 Internet AG

Need help!
THANKS

I've got exactly the same issue. Any ideas?
(I've got exactly the same server as you have)

Solution found:
1&1 set default hostname to pXXXXXX.pureserver.info. If you change this to another hostname it's working for some time, but not if you reboot your system. I just set the hostname back to pXXXXXXX.pureserver.info and everything is working again.

Yer I done that ages ago lol. I dont think theres a way to change the hostname.

What looked weird to me was that the server had been running under the new hostname perfectly for weeks.. however.. now everything works fine again.

http://kb.swsoft.com/article_21_929_en.html

I cannot login to the server with FTP. The server reports: "Service not available, remote server has closed connection". What is wrong?
Product versions this article applies to:
Plesk for UNIX (questions are not related to version)
The latest update: Apr,20 2006
Access: public Article ID #929

- Most probably it happens because FTPd cannot determine IP address of the server by hostname and usually the following error message appears in the /var/log/messages log file:

getaddrinfo 'Hostname_Is_Here' error: Name or service not known
warning: unable to determine IP address of 'host.domain.tld domain'

In this case you need to define the correct hostname in the configuration files below and restart network service.

/etc/hosts
/etc/sysconfig/network

The following example shows how to set up hostname "hostname.domain.tld" on RedHat systems.

/etc/hosts:
11.22.33.44 hostname.domain.tld hostname

/etc/sysconfig/network:
HOSTNAME=hostname.domain.tld

# /etc/init.d/network restart

Back