• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

FTP Not Working For Any User

CraigD

New Pleskian
After installing Plesk 10.1 on Windows Server 2008 R2, no users are able to log in via FTP. This is what I get below...

C:\>ftp ftp.domain.com
Connected to domain.com.
220-Microsoft FTP Service
User (domain.com:(none)): username
331 Password required for username.
Password:
530 User cannot log in.
Login failed.

I have tried multiple domains/users to no avail. I have created new FTP users and still the same error. Any idea?

If this issue happens to every domain you can try to repair FTP configuration for all domains using commands as below:

"%plesk_bin%\ftpmng.exe" --remove-all
"%plesk_bin%\ftpmng.exe" --reconfigure-all

Ok FTP does work for all users if you login with 'domain\user'. How do we set this up so that they just put in the username?

Ok I figured it out. Go to the site with FTP and open 'FTP Authentication' then edit 'Basic Authentication'. Remove the "\" and select 'OK'.

Back