• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP password marks not displayed correctly!

N

NightMan

Hi,
In the PLESK GUI, I am able to chenge the FTP password, but it is not reflecting the amount of char. in the form of "*".

let say the password is 456sdDF25
but "******" displayed.

when I changed it change the password in the system, but not displaying correctly. it is confusing the clients so they keep changing the password.

Anyone haveing this problem?
RHE with 7.5.1 used.

This is a security feature of Plesk. It doesn't show the actual number of characters. This prevents attempted hacks based on the knowledge of the length of the password. This is pretty standard security measures, it's active in most places regardless of what Control Panel system you use.

For your customers, let them know, if they change it, they test it, it works, it's done. It's something that SHOULD be done regardless. Anytime I change a password, I verify that 1. the old password doesn't work, 2. the new password does work, and 3., that I didn't make any mistakes on the entry of the password.

Then again, that's just my two pennies, and that's all it's worth...

Sounds correct. But this must have been changed in recent release of PSA. It was not working in the same way before.

Back