• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Problems

S

subtype

I have a directory called file_storage and inside of it are twelve user folders, say bob, tim, mark etc... I setup each user with a unique FTP account thru SSH (bypassed Plesk because it only allows one account) and set each user's home directory to file_storage so everyone could save files to each others folder. But they can't. Well, come can; other cannot create folders or save files to another person's folder, the file_storage DIR is chmod 777... ideas?

It seems that the permissions keep reverting back to some default, what could cause this? If I SSH into my server and use this command it works for a day or so:

chmod 777 -R /var/www/vhosts/domain/file_storage

what could be changing it back? It is so annoying to have to do that every day.

Can anyone help?

I have like 12 users all with their home directory the same, and the chmod is 777 to that directory, but I have a few users who cannot see files uploaded by others, in fact I have one user that none of us can see the files he uploaded, just him. Ideas?

maybe put the users into a group and assign permissions and ownership to the group.

If it keeps reverting as part of some maintenance plesk does then you may have to put it into a scheduler (cron/at) to have it run the permission script for you.

Back