• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Secure and FireFTP

iantresman

Basic Pleskian
[Originally posted incorrectly to "Plesk the for Windows" section]

I'm trying to access my server over FTP secure and the fireFTP add-on for Firefox v22. Has anyone succeeded? I'm confused by the number of options.

In fireFTP (v.2.0.16), there are four options for secure FTP (1) Auth TLS (port 21) (2) Auth SSL (port 21) (3) Implicit SSL (port 990) (4) SFTP (port 22). The terminal log shows that most of these connect successfully, but there is no directory listing, and I see: PBSZ 0. I'm probably missing something obvious.

Is there a way to enable Secure FTP (or similar) without having to force all my customers to buy an SSL certificate? I just want to prevent passwords being transmitted in the clear.

Added 15 Mar 2014: I guess I could buy an SSL certificate for my server IP address, and get all my customers to FTP through the IP address?

Last edited:
Hi,

SSL Certificates are not possible for IPs :)
But you could get an SSL certificate for your server FQDN and then tell your customers to use that as a Host?

Regards,
Kristian

Back