• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ftp server access and file permissions

P

PhilipVKD

Hi

I´m new to plesk10 and would like to know some things.

- How do I set up ftp access via plesk to access my dedicated server?
I figured out how to setup ftp for each domain. But I would like to have access to the whole server at once.

- How do I change file permissions via plesk?
Example I have some files i need to write to but can´t and I´m not able to change file permissions via the domain ftp user I setup. So it´s propably related to the first question.

It would be nice if someone could guide me or point me to a guide on how to do this.

Hi

I´m new to plesk10 and would like to know some things.

- How do I set up ftp access via plesk to access my dedicated server?
I figured out how to setup ftp for each domain. But I would like to have access to the whole server at once.
thats not possible with plesk. plesk is a control panel to manage your domain subscriptions. whole server access via FTP is also not very secure. if you wanna do this you have to do it manualy

- How do I change file permissions via plesk?
Example I have some files i need to write to but can´t and I´m not able to change file permissions via the domain ftp user I setup. So it´s propably related to the first question.
why its not possible to do it with domain-ftp? it should be possible.
you can access your server with ssh and change file permissions there

Back