• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP server not working

Kenneth_H

New Pleskian
Hi
I have two servers with the exact same configuration, besides from the version of CentOS that they were running when I deployed Plesk using the autoinstall script.
My first server was running CentOS 6.5 during Plesk installation. My second server was running CentOS 6.6. No 3rd part repos were installed before Plesk.

On the first server everything is fine, but on the second server I have issues with FTP.
I have tried applying this fix: http://syamkumar-linux.blogspot.ru/2013/04/how-to-fix-proftpd-login-failed-error.html

Before applying the fix I got 530 Login incorrect when trying to connect to FTP.
After applying the fix and restarting the entire server I got 550 /: permission denied

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this issue?

Hi Kenneth_H,

please make sure to disable SELinux, if installed. If SELinux is the cause of the issue, please either completely de-install it, or consider adding additional SELinux rules to work with Plesk ( quite tricky and time intense ).

I don't know why this was just happening on the second server, but after setting SELinux to permissive instead of enforcing I could connect to FTP with no issues

Back