• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

FTP/SFTP is not working for users in one specific domain, but SSH is

Fred1

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am experiencing a weird issue after a Plesk upgrade (from 11 to 12, installed on Ubuntu 12.04).

FTP/SFTP is not working for all users in one specific domain. When using the latest Filezilla client, I receive the following error when I try to connect in SFTP with the main user of this domain

Error: Received unexpected end-of-file from SFTP server
Error: Could not connect to server

When I try to connect in FTP with additional FTP users in this same domain, I get the following error:

Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

SSH is working for the main user. I received the error "exit code 1" when trying to connect in sftp in Putty with this user.

FTP/SFTP is working fine with users in other domains.

Any ideas?

Update: New additional FTP users in other domain cannot connect in FTP or FTP over TLS. The main user of these other domain still can connect in SFTP. For these additional FTP users, I get the same error :

Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (198,245,49,130,213,153).
Command: MLSD
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

To summarize, after the update:

- Existing domain user accounts can connect to SFTP except one user from a specific domain
- When creating a new webspace (hence creating a new SFTP user), the main user can connect in SFTP
- All existing additional FTP (who cannot connect in SFTP) cannot connect in FTP or FTP over TLS
- When creating a new additional FTP user in any domain, the user cannot connect in FTP or FTP over TLS

I found this KB: http://kb.odin.com/en/119525, but the creation of the passive_ports.conf file did not help, addditional FTP users still cannot connet and I am not sure it is relevant for the main user SFTP issue.

Update: I tested a connection from another location, regular FTP users are working fine, it is an issue with my workplace firewall (port 21 open, but probably not the passive ports). I was also able to enable FTPS (FTP over TLS) for these users with the Passive Port conf (http://kb.odin.com/en/119525) and opening the passive ports range in the web server's Firewall.
But I still have one main webspace user who cannot connect in SFTP, for which SSH and FTPS (since the new conf) is working, so this will be my workaround!

Back