• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved FTP site not connecting in IE

Avaneesh b

New Pleskian
I just created my new website in the AWS lightsail. The website is hosted using the Plesk package on Windows server 2012 R2. I created one domain with the anonymous ftp access along with some ftp users. I configured the IP to be dedicated. All TCP ports are enabled in firewall. Now my problem is when I try to access the ftp in IE the site is not connecting.

I am able to connect to the site anonymously and with user credentials in all other than IE browsers and FTP client like filezilla. Is there any settings in either IIS or Plesk that blocks the connection of FTP while connecting through IE?

Sounds like your FTP client isn't setup to use PASSIVE mode. Here's some generic steps I googled;

How to change the Internet Explorer FTP Client mode
  1. Start Internet Explorer.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
  3. Click the Advanced tab.
  4. Under Browsing, click to clear the Enable folder view for FTP sites check box.
  5. Click to select the Use Passive FTP (for firewall and DSL modem compatibility) check box.
  6. Click OK.

After searching around the web i finally resolved the issue. It was the passive port. In IIS i did not put the passive port range. I thought that when i updated the passive port range in Plesk it will take care of it but it did not and when i updated passive port range in IIS FTP site worked in IE also.

For settings i refered the link

After searching around the web i finally resolved the issue. It was the passive port. In IIS i did not put the passive port range. I thought that when i updated the passive port range in Plesk it will take care of it but it did not and when i updated passive port range in IIS FTP site worked in IE also.

For settings i refered the link
this link for what?

Back