• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Username Requirements

S

ScottT

Hello, I'm using Plesk 10.0.1. When I try to use a "." or dot in an FTP username, I get this error:

You can use lowercase alphanumeric, dash, dot and underscore symbols in the username. The username should start with an alphabetic symbol and should be between 1 and 15 characters in length.

Why doesn't Plesk allow me to use a dot, when the error says I can use a dot?

Maybe you have uppercase symbols in username, for example?

I am not using uppercase in usernames.

These usernames are allowed:
testcom
test-com
test_com

This username is NOT allowed:
test.com

This is bad because we identify customers by FQDNs, which contain a dot. Plesk should fix this so customers don't require multiple logins for control panel, ftp, etc.

Test it yourself and see.

MikeFP, Because of other support issues, I've not had a chance to submit this bug yet. Feel free to fill out the form Igor suggested. I did speak to Parallels developers at the Parallels Summit about this and they were able to duplicate the problem. Filling out the form is the next step.

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Parallels Plesk Panel 10.1.1
Windows Server 2008 R2 Web Server

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
FTP Accounts cannot contain usernames with dots.

Accounts migrated from another Plesk server imports fine with their usernames containing dots, but when trying to change password, you get the error "You can use lowercase alphanumeric, dash, dot and underscore symbols in the username. The username should start with an alphabetic symbol and should be between 1 and 15 characters in length."

The same happens if you create a new account from scratch. If you define a username with a dot (like hundred.com), you will get the error. Usernames without a dot (like hundredcom) works fine.

ACTUAL RESULT
Error: You can use lowercase alphanumeric, dash, dot and underscore symbols in the username. The username should start with an alphabetic symbol and should be between 1 and 15 characters in length.

EXPECTED RESULT
Acceptance of usernames with dots (especially as it is clearly stated in the error message that dots are allowed...).

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
--------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for detailed report. I have forwarded it to developers and I will update thread with results of investigation as soon as I receive it.

Fix for Plesk 10.1.1 in attach.
It has to be placed in %plesk_dir%. To apply this fix you have to remove or rename also file:
%plesk_dir%\admin\smb\application\library\Smb\Validate\Domain\Login.php

Attachments

• admin.zip
    12 KB · Views: 15
I have installed the fix and can confirm that it does fix the problem. Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0.9 Linux CentOs 6.5

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
FTP Accounts cannot contain usernames with @ character.

ACTUAL RESULT
Error: Some fields are empty or contain invalid data.

EXPECTED RESULT
Acceptance of usernames with @

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

We need a username with special characters, because we have an application that uses FTP account with username only as [email protected]
and we can not change it
--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Back