• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

"Full" Backup does not include Horde and Roundcube Databases

DReffects

Basic Pleskian
Hey Guys,

So i was trying to look up something from the horde Databases just to find that the full server backup that can be triggered in "tools & settings" -> "backup manager" does NOT include the horde and roundcube databases, even with "configuration and content" selected.

Sure, there are 7 days worth of daily backups in /var/lib/dumps but it would be nice to have those files included in the "full backup"

Or am I missing something here?

Cheers
DR

The database dump is not included because the Horde database format differs significantly from version to version. We can't guarantee that dump of one Horde installation will be successfully restored on other Plesk server or on the same Plesk server with installed update.

This time, if you need to, you can try to dump and migrate the Horde database manually. If the Horde versions on the source and destination servers differ, then the database should be upgraded after restoration on the destination server. Read Horde documentation for details at http://www.horde.org/horde/docs/?f=UPGRADING.html

Ah I see! Wound be great if you could guys would display a tiny hint about that while creating the backup job though :)

Is there a best practice on how to automize/optimize the backup procedure? Is there a psa executable that generates the mysql.daily.dump.gz file?

Back