1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

future updates application vault

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by gijsbert, May 23, 2005.

1. gijsbert

gijsbert Basic Pleskian

57%
    When enabling the application vault for customers, does anybody know what happens when updates versions become available? I mean, will future updates be automatically installed on each customer who is running 1 or more packages from the application vault or does the customer needs to upgrade manually?

Kind regards,

Gijsbert

2. danweber

danweber Guest

I just got updates to the Application Vault and now I can't control already installed instances anymore.

I have one website with Coppermine. Now that there is a new Coppermine release in the Application Vault it shows 0 instances (guess it only counts instances of the exact same version). What's bad is that I can't control the installed instance of Coppermine anymore. The config option is grayed out.

What do I have to do? Go to each domain and manually re-install all applications? Do I loose all settings of the current installation?

Thanks

3. poke

poke Guest

I've had to just go to the app's website and manually upgrade apps. It sucks :rolleyes: Sometimes if the upgrade is MAJOR, I will charge the client a tiny fee.

I have noticed that the psa updater updates packages not just during new psa releases. I think we got two app vault updates this month.

regards,
    poke