• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Game Server installation

J

jdstevens

Plesk 7.5.2
Fedora Core 2

The gs appeared to be working on version 7.5.1. After upgrade, things went awry.

I deleted the module, removed directories, removed accounts, dropped module_cs_gs_* from database..

I installed hlds stuff in /home/steam using a new account named steam. It seems to be working.

Plesk CP -> Modules -> Add Module -> Path to module file: cs-gs-1.0.0-fc2.build75050128.11.i586.rpm -> OK
The rpm uploads.
Then we get:
0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/cs-gs/ServerManager.php:134 psaerror(string "Can not create system user: ", string "cs-gs-mng failed: Can not create system user")
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/cs-gs/ServerManager.php:143 servermanager->createsystemuser_()
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/cs-gs/ServerManager.php:286 servermanager->cssysuser()
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/modules/cs-gs/module-config.php:7 servermanager->setcsdir(string "/hlds_1")

It looks like cs-gs-mng is failing for some reason. The process creates the tables in the database, but can't make some required system user. I did create symbolic link from /hlds_l to /home/steam in case that was an issue.

???

Back