• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

GD/GD2 upload & installation

G

Geronimo

On my server (Fedora Core 3) I can't find GD or GD2. Now I want to upload and install it but:

I can't find the directory to upload it in and in which directory to install it.

Is there someone who can tell me more. I searched but can't find the above mentioned information.

Try the following:

rpm -qa | grep ^gd

I'm pretty sure it is installed.

Question is: Which kind of functions are you planning to use? If you want to use the PHP internal GD commands, you need to upgrade PHP, because those functions are compiled in.

Thanxs,

When I tried the command I got the proper anwser so I don't have to do anything.

I need it for a postcard script which uses GD2-librairy.

I have installed the script and if I upload an picture in jpeg then the result is an empty page, like it wouldn't be processed.
For that reason I searched for GD2 but I couldn't find it. So that was the reason to install it.

Now I have to find out what is going wrong with my script.

But thanx anyway for your very quick responce.

If your script uses the library directly, you might get stuck with the open_basedir restrictions set for PHP - will be displayed in Apache error logs.

If your script uses the PHP internal functions, please check with phpinfo() which gd library version is bundled with you PHP. Its very common that they differ...

Back