• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

GD2 or PHP 4.3.11

H

himmey

Greetings,

Brand new to linux and have no idea how to upgrade. I am not 100% dumb but have been working with ASP for the last five years.

Now I need GD2 to work with a PHP web site I am developing and I seen that GD now comes with PHP 4.3.11. I was thinking I could kill to birds with one stone and upgrade PHP thus giving me GD2.

How would I upgrade PHP and make sure I do not break Plesk.

Thank you for your time....

Mark

Does anyone have any solutions? I am too new to linux to figure out why I can not get Yum installed and have tried the patch but till now work since I am using 7.5.2. I am willing to pay someone to help or do this.

Thank you for your time.

Mark

What linux distrobution are you using? How did you try to install YUM? Is your server running anything else besides plesk? ie. Site Builder, Expand, etc..

-poke

Nothing installed... It is really a VPS running from the sw-soft vps system. It is on Redhat9. I figure I can learn here... The errors when I try to install yum are:
Code:
warning: yum-2.0.7-1.rh90.art.noarch.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 5ebd2744
error: Failed dependencies:
        libxml2-python is needed by yum-2.0.7-1.rh90.art
        rpm-python is needed by yum-2.0.7-1.rh90.art

Thank you for your time.

Mark

Back