1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

GD2 or PHP 4.3.11

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by himmey, May 26, 2005.

1. himmey

himmey Guest

Greetings,

Brand new to linux and have no idea how to upgrade. I am not 100% dumb but have been working with ASP for the last five years.

Now I need GD2 to work with a PHP web site I am developing and I seen that GD now comes with PHP 4.3.11. I was thinking I could kill to birds with one stone and upgrade PHP thus giving me GD2.

How would I upgrade PHP and make sure I do not break Plesk.

Thank you for your time....

Mark

2. himmey

himmey Guest

Does anyone have any solutions? I am too new to linux to figure out why I can not get Yum installed and have tried the patch but till now work since I am using 7.5.2. I am willing to pay someone to help or do this.

Thank you for your time.

Mark

3. poke

poke Guest

What linux distrobution are you using? How did you try to install YUM? Is your server running anything else besides plesk? ie. Site Builder, Expand, etc..

-poke

4. himmey

himmey Guest

Nothing installed... It is really a VPS running from the sw-soft vps system. It is on Redhat9. I figure I can learn here... The errors when I try to install yum are:
    Code:
    warning: yum-2.0.7-1.rh90.art.noarch.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 5ebd2744
    error: Failed dependencies:
            libxml2-python is needed by yum-2.0.7-1.rh90.art
            rpm-python is needed by yum-2.0.7-1.rh90.art
    Thank you for your time.

Mark

5. Cranky

Cranky Guest

Go to:

http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/9/os/i386/

Download the rpm's you need to your server (libxml2-python & rpm-python) and install them. It may also mention other dependencies once you try to install libxml2-python and rpm-python, you should find anything you need on the URL above.