• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

GD2 or PHP 4.3.11

H

himmey

Guest
Greetings,

Brand new to linux and have no idea how to upgrade. I am not 100% dumb but have been working with ASP for the last five years.

Now I need GD2 to work with a PHP web site I am developing and I seen that GD now comes with PHP 4.3.11. I was thinking I could kill to birds with one stone and upgrade PHP thus giving me GD2.

How would I upgrade PHP and make sure I do not break Plesk.

Thank you for your time....

Mark
 
Does anyone have any solutions? I am too new to linux to figure out why I can not get Yum installed and have tried the patch but till now work since I am using 7.5.2. I am willing to pay someone to help or do this.

Thank you for your time.

Mark
 
What linux distrobution are you using? How did you try to install YUM? Is your server running anything else besides plesk? ie. Site Builder, Expand, etc..

-poke
 
Nothing installed... It is really a VPS running from the sw-soft vps system. It is on Redhat9. I figure I can learn here... The errors when I try to install yum are:
Code:
warning: yum-2.0.7-1.rh90.art.noarch.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 5ebd2744
error: Failed dependencies:
        libxml2-python is needed by yum-2.0.7-1.rh90.art
        rpm-python is needed by yum-2.0.7-1.rh90.art

Thank you for your time.

Mark
 
Back
Top