• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

General: How is updating from 8.0 - 8.01?

Z

ziphem

I've never used the "update" feature in Plesk, maybe I'm worried it'll break something. I've never manually updated anything, though I may have tweaked dir.s and sub domain setup, etc. Nothing big at all.

I'm hoping to get some feedback as to how the update service is. I assume it will just -Uvh the installed RPMs. But has anyone had any problems? Is it worth updating regularly? Is there anything wrong with 8.01, or is it better to stay with 8.00?

Any feedback would be great. Thanks!!

Don't take this as a snarky reply, but a simple search of the board will tell you everything you need to know about updating to 8.0.1... it's been discussed to quite some extent, and at this point, things would just be getting repeated all over again.

I think you have a point. At the same time, when I looked through some of the comments, it seemed very problem specific rather than general impressions; and each of the Plesk versions have certainly had their issues. More my fault, but I haven't kept up that much recently with the forum / posts. But I will take another look through.

Back