• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Generating a LetsEncrypt wildcard cert does not present me with the necessary DNS record

gregconway

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux release 8.6 (Sky Tiger)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.45
Hi,

I have a problem with letsencrypt wildcard certs, in that I am (nearly) never presented with the DNS record to set up.

I'm following the article here -

It says -

After clicking the Install button, Let's Encrypt will either add a DNS TXT record on its own (if Plesk server is authoritative DNS for the domain) or will provide with the instructions on how to add this record (if DNS is managed by an external server):

...but that doesn't happen!

The problem is that the DNS record is never added to the DNS server, or if I switch it off (we don't generally use Plesk for DNS) then that option is rarely presented to us. I say rarely as it does happen on occassion, but I can't work out why it does occur on those occassions.

Does the process leave a copy of the DNS record on the box anywhere that I could pick up manually?

Thanks for any advice anybody can offer me!

Back