• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Get access to only one subdomain

LucaB.

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
I've already read this thread https://talk.plesk.com/threads/plesk-access-to-subdomain-management-only.339522/
but i don't understand how i can create a separate subscription for subdomain.
When i try to create a subscription it starts with www.

In my plesk 12.5.30 #60 i've a domain.com with many subdomains sub1.subdomain.com, sub2.subdomain.com, sub3.subdomain.com etc.
I would like to give for an user access to sub2.subdomin.com by sftp only for that portion of filesystem. It's possible?

Thanks.

Luca

Hi LucaB.,

but i don't understand how i can create a separate subscription for subdomain.
When i try to create a subscription it starts with www.
Yes, it starts with "www.", when you create a NEW subscription... but you simply continue by adding "subdomain.your-domain.com" and later on, you go to the "Hosting settings" of the specific domain and choose the option "non-www version" as preferred domain. It's really this simple. ;)

Pls. don't forget to setup an "A" - DNS - entry over the domain - providers Control Panel, if the Plesk server isn't your primary nameserver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you but for a subdomian already exists?

Hi LucaB.,

Yes, it starts with "www.", when you create a NEW subscription... but you simply continue by adding "subdomain.your-domain.com" and later on, you go to the "Hosting settings" of the specific domain and choose the option "non-www version" as preferred domain. It's really this simple. ;)

Pls. don't forget to setup an "A" - DNS - entry over the domain - providers Control Panel, if the Plesk server isn't your primary nameserver.

Thank you but for a subdomian already exists?
In this case that you described above, it's easier ( and faster ), to copy your content to a backup - folder, delete the subdomain from your primary subscription and create the new subscription for the subdomain.your-domain.com, as suggested. ;)

Basically, you should be aware, that EACH subscription has it's very own system-user, while a subdomain inherits the user-permission from your subscription.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back