• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Get service VEID address: can't send request to agent

K

kanderson

I have a container running debian 4.0 on virtuozzo 4, that recently was running 8.6 until it started getting the common "smtp service is switched off" error in plesk. Following my normal procedures to resolve this common issue, and even reinstalling 8.6 from scratch did not resolve the issue. I at that point decided to upgrade the customer to 9.0 and then 9.0.1

However, upon upgrading to 9.0, I started to receive errors in plesk of:

Which makes plesk inoperable. I see these errors in the plesk installation logs as well.

===> Cumulative upgrade has been started
preparing to upgrade Plesk keys
Starting Plesk Key upgrade task
installing additional keys
Plesk Key upgrade is prepared
Trying to migrate admin params to clients table... done
ERROR: PleskFatalException

0: /opt/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:108
psaerror(string 'Get service VEID address: can't send request to agent')
1: /opt/psa/admin/plib/virtuozzo/vz_func.php:382
vz_get_sve_ip()
2: /opt/psa/admin/plib/virtuozzo/vz_func.php:522
vz_detect_ve()
3: /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-common/cu.php:1512
cu::initCLI()
4: /opt/psa/admin/plib/scripts/create_default_templates.php:344

WARNING!
During the default tempaltes cannot be created found some problems(see log file: /tmp/psa_9.0.0_debian4.0.build90081117.17_installing.090219.13.11.log)

Continue...

ERROR: PleskFatalException

0: /opt/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:108
psaerror(string 'Get service VEID address: can't send request to agent')
1: /opt/psa/admin/plib/virtuozzo/vz_func.php:382
vz_get_sve_ip()
2: /opt/psa/admin/plib/virtuozzo/vz_func.php:522
vz_detect_ve()
3: /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-common/cu.php:1512
cu::initCLI()
4: /opt/psa/admin/plib/scripts/update_notifications.php:82

WARNING!
During the cannot update notifications. Please rerun /opt/psa/admin/plib/scripts/update_notifications.php manyally found some problems(see log file: /tmp/psa_9.0.0_debian4.0.build90081117.17_installing.090219.13.11.log)

The firewall is completely disabled on the container, I've restarted the container numerous times, everything besides plesk seems to be working normally.

I have never seen this error before, and can not find anything useful in google, the knowledgebase, or these forums.

Anyone have any ideas?

Kevin

Back