• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Getting errors with the webserver configuration

TimoViBritannia

Basic Pleskian
Hi, I am always getting this error. And it only resolves itself when I stop nginx using ssh.

Fehler: Die Webserver-Konfigurationen können nicht rekonfiguriert werden: Unable to execute httpdmng: [2016-10-15 09:16:36] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/apache_control_adapter' '--restart' '--restart-interval' '0' '--http-port' '7080' '--https-port' '7081'] with exit code [255]
[2016-10-15 09:16:37] ERR [panel] Apache config (14765156730.57244100) generation failed: Template_Exception: Can not restart web server:
file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Driver/Web/Server/Apache.php
line: 108
code: 0
Can not restart web server:

I have the same problem. I can only tell you how I solved the problem.

Some customers use PHP 5.5.9 vendor. PLESK has put PHP on mod_php for all customers using PHP 5.5.9. Another problem is when they have activated SSL. SSL is loaded through the SSL module and fails. Here, I recommend to temporarily disable SSL for each individual customer.

So, change PHP 5.5.9 mod_php to PHP 5.6.26 and disable SSL.

And then RoundCube is still spinning. This should also be disabled. Normally, the Roundcube virtual host file looks like this:

Code:
#ATTENTION!
#
#DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY,
#SO ALL YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST THE NEXT TIME THE FILE IS GENERATED.

ServerAlias "webmail.anfrage.info"

This is unfortunately no longer.

In the RoundCube vhost file, a virtual host entry is set in each file. Part is missing even the IP address in the container.

Code:
#ATTENTION!
#
<VirtualHost :80>

ServerName "webmail.advantis.de"

UseCanonicalName Off

DocumentRoot "/usr/share/psa-roundcube"
    Alias /roundcube/ "/usr/share/psa-roundcube/"

<IfModule mod_suexec.c>
        SuexecUserGroup roundcube_sysuser roundcube_sysgroup
    </IfModule>

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
        FcgidInitialEnv PP_CUSTOM_PHP_CGI_INDEX fastcgi
        FcgidInitialEnv PP_CUSTOM_PHP_INI "/etc/psa-webmail/roundcube/php.ini"
        FcgidMaxRequestLen 134217728
        <Directory "/usr/share/psa-roundcube">
            Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks
            AllowOverride FileInfo
            Require all granted
            Include "/etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/roundcube.htaccess.inc"

<Files ~ (\.php$)>
                SetHandler fcgid-script
                FCGIWrapper /var/www/cgi-bin/cgi_wrapper/cgi_wrapper .php
                Options +ExecCGI
            </Files>
        </Directory>
    </IfModule>

</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost [2a01:4f8:162:44e5::2]:80>

UseCanonicalName Off

<IfModule mod_suexec.c>
    </IfModule>

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
            AllowOverride FileInfo
            Require all granted

<Files ~ (\.php$)>
                SetHandler fcgid-script
                Options +ExecCGI
            </Files>
        </Directory>
    </IfModule>

</VirtualHost>

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
<VirtualHost [2a01:4f8:162:44e5::2]:443>

UseCanonicalName Off

SSLEngine on
        SSLVerifyClient none
        SSLCertificateFile /opt/psa/var/certificates/cert-P9tRGH

<IfModule mod_suexec.c>
        </IfModule>

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
                AllowOverride FileInfo
                Require all granted

<Files ~ (\.php$)>
                    SetHandler fcgid-script
                    Options +ExecCGI
                </Files>
            </Directory>
        </IfModule>

</VirtualHost>
    <VirtualHost [2a01:4f8:162:44e5::2]:443>

UseCanonicalName Off

SSLEngine on
        SSLVerifyClient none
        SSLCertificateFile /opt/psa/var/certificates/cert-P9tRGH

<IfModule mod_suexec.c>
        </IfModule>

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
                AllowOverride FileInfo
                Require all granted

<Files ~ (\.php$)>
                    SetHandler fcgid-script
                    Options +ExecCGI
                </Files>
            </Directory>
        </IfModule>

</VirtualHost>
</IfModule>

In some vhost entries even an IPv6 address is entered, even though it has not been assigned.

Once you disable roundcube, the host entries will normalize again.
I strongly recommend that you do not install the Onyx Update.

Last edited:
I tried running /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all but got an error.... again

Details: [2016-10-16 13:18:48] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/apache_control_adapter' '--restart' '--restart-interval' '0' '--http-port' '80' '--https-port' '443'] with exit code [255]
[2016-10-16 13:18:52] ERR [panel] Apache config (14766165990.89712700) generation failed: Template_Exception: Can not restart web server:

Could someone please fix plesk?

I tried running /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all but got an error.... again

Details: [2016-10-16 13:18:48] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/apache_control_adapter' '--restart' '--restart-interval' '0' '--http-port' '80' '--https-port' '443'] with exit code [255]
[2016-10-16 13:18:52] ERR [panel] Apache config (14766165990.89712700) generation failed: Template_Exception: Can not restart web server:

Could someone please fix plesk?

Currently, I see no other option. I can currently only advise against the Plesk upgrade to PLESK Onyx.

The only option would be to create a PLESK backup and re-install PLESK completely and restore the backup.

I have described the errors in my blog. The contribution is in German.

http://www.webhosterin.de/blog/empfehlung-zum-plesk-upgrade-auf-plesk-onyx-nicht-upgraden/

Hi you two,

both of you seem to have problems with investigations in the first place. You don't get even near to your root cause and you choosed the linux beginner solution: "Restore to a previous state". That's o.k. for your current linux knowledge, but I strongly recommend to INVESTIGATE issues, instead of just restoring a server to a previous state.
Especially @die|webhosterin , who has the time to write a ( from my point of view ) nonsense blog - post, which is not at all based on facts, my advise is: Please try to learn some linux basics, before you think that you are able to help people with issues by writing blog - posts, which only reflects a very amateur handling of linux and Plesk.

@TimoViBritannia :

If you would like to get to your root cause of your issue, you have to READ the possible error message(s):
Apache config (14765156730.57244100) generation failed: Template_Exception: Can not restart web server:
You would now start to restart the used webserver(s) ( apache+nginx ), or/and see possible misconfigurations with the commands:

apachectl -t ( or: apachectl configtest )
nginx -t

Both commands are used to check the configuration - files and will display possible errors. Afterwards, you would investigate the possible error(s), so that you are able to correct possible misconfigurations, which block the start of your used webserver(s).
In addition, it would really help, if you have a look at your log - files ( from your webserver(s) ), to see and investigate, WHY the webserver(s) didn't start and due to the fact that both of you don't provide informations about their used operating system, and other usefull informations ( apache version, nginx version, ... ), we now have to wait for more informations, in order to make suggestions how to solve your issue(s).

die|webhosterin tries to answer a "Can not restart web server", with the used PHP - version and SSL - usage. The statement
PLESK has put PHP on mod_php for all customers using PHP 5.5.9
is absolutely wrong, because there is no such command used by Plesk, when you upgraded from an earlier Plesk version.
The recommendation
Here, I recommend to temporarily disable SSL for each individual customer
might solve possible issues in your configuration files, with wrong paths for the domain specific certificates. But again, you don't investigate the root cause here. If you experience wrong path - issue(s), you really have to investigate, if Plesk database consistencies exists, or if the recreation based on templates causes the issue(s).

In some vhost entries even an IPv6 address is entered, even though it has not been assigned.

Once you disable roundcube, the host entries will normalize again.
I strongly recommend that you do not install the Onyx Update.
Roundcube configuration files can be easily removed manually from apache2 and nginx configuration folders, there is absolutely no need to "disable" the webmail - software, if you experience issue(s)/problem(s) in their configuration files, because these files are created based on templates, which get their informations from your Plesk database. If the process to recreate new webmail - configuration files result again in misconfigured webmail - configuration files, you really should investigate the root cause here, instead of stating "I strongly recommend that you do not install the Onyx Update", because again, this reflects only, that you don't have any clue about your root cause. It's pretty much the same as stating "Please do not use your newly purchased car because the new car has no ignition lock and instead has a start button to start the engine." :rolleyes:

Back to the threadstarter and his issue:
If you would like further help with your issue, pls. consider to provide more informations and don't forget, that since Plesk 12.5, there is as well a wonderfull "Plesk repair utility", which you could use. ;)

Hi,
I tried to run the repair utility. But after running it the error was still present so i decided to revert back to plesk 12.5. This night I got arround 100 emails from the server about the miss configuration issue of the web server. And after running the plesk repair web server command the configuration trouble shooter showed errors for all apache2 configs. Thats why I went the easy way.

Especially @die|webhosterin , who has the time to write a ( from my point of view ) nonsense blog - post, which is not at all based on facts, my advise is: Please try to learn some linux basics, before you think that you are able to help people with issues by writing blog - posts, which only reflects a very amateur handling of linux and Plesk.

Sorry, we found the problem with 3 different servers. It is exactly as described in the blog. Here neither a Plesk repair helps.

Then, tell me why all vhost files are removed from the vhost files folder as soon as RoundCube is activated?

Why are virtual containers created in the vhost files in the Webmail folder as soon as RoundCube is activated? So far, the vhost entries with roundcube enabled look like this:

#ATTENTION!
#

ServerAlias "webmail.befehle.click"

Why are the vhost entries loaded from the /etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/webmails folder and not from the /etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/vhosts folder once Roundcube is enabled?

While PLESK 12.5 vhost entries for Roundcube are created under the folder path "/etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/webmails/roundcube", these are now created in the directory path "/etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/webmails" .

@die|webhosterin Hosteurope https://www.hosteurope.de/faq/server/plesk/plesk-onyx/ says that is not a stable version ;) And should be used with caution.
I know. The problem is that the big providers behave irresponsibly. They already advertise the advertising drum for PLESK Onyx. 1 & 1, for example, has only looked at the PLESK demos page and officially offers PLESK Onyx, although it is not a release candidate. I think that STRATO AG have also looked at only the PLESK demo page, but have already announced that PLESK Onyx is already available. It is also not pointed out that it is not yet a final version. This is irresponsible.

I just upload the video

Hi TimoViBritannia,

if you desire to resolve your issue, is there a reason, why you don't go for the steps, as suggested?

If you would like to get to your root cause of your issue, you have to READ the possible error message(s):
You would now start to restart the used webserver(s) ( apache+nginx ), or/and see possible misconfigurations with the commands:

apachectl -t ( or: apachectl configtest )
nginx -t
Both commands are used to check the configuration - files and will display possible errors. Afterwards, you would investigate the possible error(s), so that you are able to correct possible misconfigurations, which block the start of your used webserver(s).
In addition, it would really help, if you have a look at your log - files ( from your webserver(s) ), to see and investigate, WHY the webserver(s) didn't start and due to the fact that both of you don't provide informations about their used operating system, and other usefull informations ( apache version, nginx version, ... ), we now have to wait for more informations, in order to make suggestions how to solve your issue(s).

You can still discuss and discuss and discuss about irrelevant things here in your thread, but I doubt, that this will help you to solve your issue. :rolleyes:

Back