• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Getting Hostname "does not" match on mail SSL

nisamudeen97

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

Recently I have updated plesk to Obsidian. Plesk version used :- Plesk Obsidian 18.0.20 Update #2 , last updated at Nov 7, 2019 06:27 AM. I have around 15 domains hosted in the server and using letsencrypt SSL for all including plesk. I have used tools & settings >> ssl-certificate option to secure plesk and email using letsencrypt. See the attached screen shot.

server side ssl .png

In old plesk version I use hostname of the server for SMTP SSL. Meanwhile with Obsidian I could see new option in domain SSL to "secure mail". See the second screen shot attached.

secure mail.png

In my case let me explain with example. domain which has the issue is domain.eu and hostname of the server which already has SSL configured for mail is "mail.domain.eu". I was using "mail.domain.eu" on email clients meanwhile I always get warning message "Hostname "does not" match".

I have managed to solve the problem by coping and pasting server hostname SSL files to domain SSL settings "secure mail " ssl area. Has any one noticed this wired problem?

Currently Plesk Obsidian only supports using "example.com" as an individual mail server name that is secured with a certificate, not "mail.example.com" or any other.

The other limitation being that only Postfix and Dovecot are supported.

I hope they'll extend this functionality in the future.

Currently Plesk Obsidian only supports using "example.com" as an individual mail server name that is secured with a certificate, not "mail.example.com" or any other.

I have aliases that are mail.example.com to my example.com domains and Let's Encrypt then creates certs that include the mail.example.com — and they also work for the mail server. I'm running Obsidian 18.0.20.2 with Dovecot and Postfix. I am also using GoDaddy DNS however so I've created a DNS record that defines the MX as mail.example.com too.

I'm not getting the "hostname does not match" validation errors anymore. :)

Back