• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question global website

Davididi

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Centos 7
Plesk version and microupdate number
I’m looking for an efficient way to manage the source code of a blog on Plesk. I want all my clients to use the same source code without having to upload a separate copy for each one. The goal is to be able to update the code globally so that any changes are reflected automatically on all websites.

Does anyone know how I can achieve this? I would appreciate any advice or suggestions on how to implement a solution that allows for centralized code updates.

Thanks in advance.

You didn't understand me, or I don't understand your idea, I want to upload a website to plesk and that all the users I have can use the website, be it a blog, etc... but without having to upload a copy for each plesk subscription. git doesn't work for that

Hello @Davididi In case you trying to migrate website from one Plesk server (or another hosting Platform) to another Plesk server - use Plesk migrator I suggest you to look at Plesk Migrator, that transfers all data, users databases... Migrating via the Plesk Interface
If you have Plesk server and want to migrate website to this server from custom hosting - use Site Import extension it can detect what application installed (like WordPress, Joomla...) and transfer it Importing Websites

I don't want to migrate anything. I want to install a web application so that clients who have a subscription can use it. In this case, I would have to upload the web application for each client, but I don't want this because I have to update each copy uploaded.

As far as I understand, you would like to have something like master code which is replicated into each of your clients' accounts and whenever you perform changes to the "master" code those are automatically pushed to the rest of the copies. If my assumption is correct, Kaspar's suggestion about Git is probably your best bet. The other alternative I can think of is to build custom scripts that sync the data between the copies. Alternatively, if you would like to have a single copy of the website and simply provide several customers with access to the same, you might consider configuring additional User accounts for them:

I haven't personally had such a scenario, so please do not consider that as an expert advice. Generally, you should configure Git on the server, deploy your master code, clone the repository to your users' accounts, and set up automated deployments and hooks. If you are just starting out with Git, the resources @Maarten. provided are definitely worth to check.

Back