• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved gmail Connection timed out

dariusju

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
ubuntu 22
Plesk version and microupdate number
latest
when i try to add pop3 account in gmail, i get:
Connection timed out: There may be a problem with the settings you added.

any tutorial or instructions? creaing email in plesk don't work out of the box.

1696240518909.png
1696240579952.png

Creaing email in plesk don't work out of the box. [...]
It does. But CloudFlare proxy blocks all email traffic. So can't use your domain as a server host for mail clients connect to. You either have to disable CloudFlare proxy or use another domain/host to connect to that isn't proxied by CloudFlare. For example your server hostname is often a good alternative.

Also enabling CloudFlare proxy on your webmail domain will likely cause problems. It's not recommended.

It does. But CloudFlare proxy blocks all email traffic. So can't use your domain as a server host for mail clients connect to. You either have to disable CloudFlare proxy or use another domain/host to connect to that isn't proxied by CloudFlare. For example your server hostname is often a good alternative.

Also enabling CloudFlare proxy on your webmail domain will likely cause problems. It's not recommended.
thanks

now it works.

in cloudflare i did A record for "mail" dns only. webmail i leave as proxied, i don;t spot any issues.

RESOLVED.

Back