• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

GoDaddy's Fedora Plesk systems will not migrate!

D

dave5b03

GoDaddy has required all their customers to upgrade to Fedora 7 by March 15.

However, the GoDaddy Plesk systems will not migrate! I have tried to migrate both Fedora 2/Plesk 7.5.3 and Fedora 6/Plesk 8.2 to Fedora 7/Plesk 8.3 with no success.

I get the same error regardless of which version I try to migrate:

Failed to execute scout.
The return code is 9
The output on STDERR is
"use" not allowed in expression at - line 4, at end of line
syntax error at - line 4, near "<mypasswd>
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict"
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at - line 16.

On one of the systems I ran ./scout and got the following result:

[root@www PMM]# ./scout.pl
<?xml version="1.0"?><scout-result><detected-panel agent="PleskX" name="Plesk 8.2.0 FedoraCore 6 82070706.15"/><os-info os="Lin ux" loadavg="0.08 0.02 0.01"/><remote-fs><fs mountpoint="/" device="/dev/vzfs" mode="rw" size="10737418240" free="10011987968" type="reiserfs"/></remote-fs></scout-result>

Who is responsible for this error? I think it is reasonable to expect that a system provisioned with Fedora and Plesk to migrate Plesk when you pust the Plesk "migrate button".

Is this a SWSoft Plesk migration programming error or is it a GoDaddy provisioning error?

I think I have answered my own questions; the error messages were confusing.

The problem appears to be SWSoft documentation indicates the source host /etc/sudoers file should contain 'user ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL'.

That does not work on the GoDaddy servers, you require 'user ALL=(ALL) ALL'.

Back