• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Google Area Map

S

snyhof

I have setup the API for the google maps.
When I add a map module to a site, I need to add it again. Not a big deal other than it is supposed to work. Plus after I set it up in a site, it find the location, click OK and says loading for a second, then says it still needs a location.

Hi Steve,
1. I am not sure why you have to add the module twice. What happens with the first one?
2. It could be a bit inconvenient, but you need to "confirm" the found location by clicking it, and "Save"ing in the pop-up dialog. The saved location shows solid pin instead of semi-transparent one.
We did this because Google typically finds multiple locations on your search term, so we need an end-user to manually select the ones they need.

I am not sure why or how this is supposed to work using the first one. Everything seems to be correctly installed and entered into the modules in SB control panel.

In the site, I do type in my address and the system finds it. The red marker shows up and I click on the button to except it.

But when I click ok then close the popup the module says loading......

and then goes back to "need to select location".

Not to hijack your thread, but we're having problems getting sitebuilder to accept our Google maps api key even though we are explicitly specifying the web site url for which the key was generated.

Any tricks here? Sure seems foolproof... specifying the specific web site url for which the key, which works elsewhere on our site, was generated would sure seem to make this simple.

Thanks.

Steve: are you able to reproduce this issue on our demo servers?
http://sitebuilder4.demo.swsoft.com
http://wsb40.demo.swsoft.com

Darrin: do you refer to the API key specified by the Admin? We had an issue with Sitebuilder 4.0 that has been fixed (AFAIR) with some of the Hotfixes since that. The issue prevented Sitebuilder for Windows from using the admin-level key on the Preview sites.

Yes,
I can get the code, insert it and click ok, and your script says the "no location has been selected". So the API was accepted, and waiting for me to select a location. This does not work this way on my sites.

The Admin key does not work on my system. It takes it, but it does not use it in the sites. I have to add it to the site also, but it does not work there either.

Steve,
Can we put this issue through our normal support loop? Forum is not convenient for exchanging the resolution details.

When I send this through the support they will want payment. I use to have the email to report a bug, but can not find it. I have a counter issue also that is a bug. After I added a counter through the setting, I no longer can access the settings, kicks me out with an error. Please email me the bug report email address and I will pursue that. If it turns out to be my problem, I will be happy to pay support.

I think support would make happier customers if we could setup a credit card account, report our issues, determine the problem, and then charge our account only after the issue is determined as our problem. If a bug, fix it at no charge.

SiteBuilder is still going through development as anyone can see by reading through this forum. I have found other issues also, but they are minor so I have not reported them. Please convey this information to your support team as a possible solution to many users concerns.

BTW, the new forum is really nice.

For some reason, after updating my site and going back to the control panel, I was able to access the counter settings and turn it off.

Now I will not add a counter again. But I do have to access the site settings to turn the stats on, so I will see how that goes in the future.

Google Map

The way we fixed the google map was to upgrade to SB 4.1

Back