• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Google Login not available on login screen

Hello again, got another one on extensions ;)

Google Login (1.0.0-17 - installed from extensions catalog) option does not appear on login screen (Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #33, Multi Server 1.2.0-494).

Other extensions that (in my eyes) have a potential of conflicting with Google Login have been disabled.
These disabled modules are:
  • Social Authorization (1.2-1) [Note: I wasn't aware about this one being installed, since event this one did not appear on login screen]
  • Google Authenticator (1.3.0-5) [Note: This one was actually working so far]

• Skins and Color Schemes (3.5.0-56) [Note: custom style is still present after disabling, however, I believe, this does not do any relevant layout as such anyway]

Are there any known limitations / conflicts with other modules?
/var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log, /var/log/sw-cp-server/sw-engine.log and /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log did not seem to contain any helpful information - maybe one can point out where else there could be some relevant extension logs?

Best regards
Chris

Hello again, got another one on extensions ;)

Google Login (1.0.0-17 - installed from extensions catalog) option does not appear on login screen (Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #33, Multi Server 1.2.0-494).

Other extensions that (in my eyes) have a potential of conflicting with Google Login have been disabled.
These disabled modules are:
  • Social Authorization (1.2-1) [Note: I wasn't aware about this one being installed, since event this one did not appear on login screen]
  • Google Authenticator (1.3.0-5) [Note: This one was actually working so far]

• Skins and Color Schemes (3.5.0-56) [Note: custom style is still present after disabling, however, I believe, this does not do any relevant layout as such anyway]

Are there any known limitations / conflicts with other modules?
/var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log, /var/log/sw-cp-server/sw-engine.log and /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log did not seem to contain any helpful information - maybe one can point out where else there could be some relevant extension logs?

Best regards
Chris

Hello,
it's probably the fact that you are using Multi-Server extension. I have no idea if Google login is available with Multi-servers configuration.

Hey

This certainly could be a reason - I don't have a possibility to verify that though.
However, if this is the case I would really would appreciate if there is some kind of limitation notice in available extensions (just something as simple as "tested on multi server environment y/n" since this seems to be one major reason why things are usually not behaving as one would expect).

Hey

This certainly could be a reason - I don't have a possibility to verify that though.
However, if this is the case I would really would appreciate if there is some kind of limitation notice in available extensions (just something as simple as "tested on multi server environment y/n" since this seems to be one major reason why things are usually not behaving as one would expect).

You are right. That will be great to add the information "support Plesk Multi Server update#X" in the plesk catalog.

Hi @Christoph Farnleitner,

The reason is using Plesk Multi Server. Due to certain limitations, some extensions are useless for the master node, and others are useless for service nodes (like authentification functionality is not needed on service nodes, and site builders shouldn't be installed on the master node), the Plesk Multi Server using in-place 'white&black' lists of available extensions for a particular node's type.The Google Login extension is not added to the whitelist for the master node.

Thank you for reporting this issue. This issue will be fixed in the next Plesk Multi Server update.

Hey @Anthony

Thanks again for the hotfix you've provided. I'll mark this thread as resolved since there will be a update for Plesk Multi Server at some day.
If someone else is facing this very same issue I'd suggest to just post a comment here.

Back