• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Google Maps it not working

eskinner@ourams

New Pleskian
Hi guys,
I am haveing a problem with using google maps. I have tried may different ways but can not seem to get it to work. I get the following errors...
Error #1:
This web site needs a different Google Maps API key. A new key can be generated at http://code.google.com/apis/maps/.
Error #2:
The specified Google Maps API key was generated not for you web site URL.

We have customers that are anxious to get this feature and we are not looking good with this not working. Please help me understand what is happening with this problem.
Thanks,
Ed

Hi,
There are no comments on this one? Nothing? Is there nothing I can do? I am having a real issue here and more than likely it is something simple. If someone could please assist me with some guidance as to where I could look I would be eternally gratefull. When you setup the google maps, what URL or domain name does am I supposed to put in here? Should it be the domain name of the main server that sitebuilder resides on? Or should it be the domain name of the website that we are building/hosting? If the site doesn't have a domain name and are using our domain name with a sub-directory underneath do we put in the full URL of the sub-domain? What is the magical combination that would make this work? We have never been able to get this one working and it is making us look bad. Again, it's most likly something simple to you guys but we are spinning our wheels and need to get it going. Should be bag on the whole thing? Does it simply not work at all?
Please let me know what I may be missing or what I could try and I would be very grateful and buy you lunch if your ever in my town.
Thanks,
Ed

Just to let you guys know.... This never worked so we removed this option from our offerings. Too bad because our customers liked it and we took a lot of grief for removing it. It's also a shame I could get no response at all for any kind of assistance on this board...

Back