• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Grafana / Advanced Monitoring

DNSA

Basic Pleskian
I have two Plesk Obsidian / Windows 2019 DataCenter Edition Servers.

On server 2, Grafana / Advanced Monitoring allows me to save changes, make updates to settings, etc. without issue.

On server 1, Grafana / Advanced Monitoring complains with warning "Settings cannot be saved", referring to the "SuperAdmin" panel.ini setting to remedy.

At one time in past, I went through configuration per KB article to gain settings save ability on BOTH servers with success.

When Grafana update in December failed on both servers, reinstall was required on Server 1 - but incoming Plesk update resolved server 2 before manual attempt was required. For some reason, server 2 updates about 3 days before server 1 with auto-updates (this is not the main issue being discussed).

Since reinstall on server 1, even after Plesk auto-updates, Grafana / Advanced Monitoring

HERE IS ISSUE:
Server 2 does NOT have "[ext-grafana] block let alone SuperAdmin... setting even existing in file, yet settings allow save and no errors about "SuperAdmin" are displayed.

Server 1 does NOT allow settings save regardless of [ext-grafana] and SuperAdmin setting presence in panel.ini (even after server reboot and complete uninstall/reinstall of extensions Grafana + Advanced Monitoring.

-----------------------------
In request:

PLEASE SUPPLY FULL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDING FOLLOWING:
PERMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
PLESK panel.ini SETTINGS REQUIREMENTS
FULL DETAILED PROCEDURE FOR START TO FINISH GRAFANA/ADVANCED MONITORING INSTALL WITH PROPER SETTINGS-SAVE CAPABILITY, as no such full documentation exists.

THANK YOU for extension - as it is very useful - but I wish to modify notification settings / threshold settings / custom monitors (since no MSSQL monitor exists yet MySQL monitor available).

Wish for future updates:
------------------------------
Ability to survive customizations beyond extension upgrades, and documentation advice for such customisations to be reported by plesk-rrdtool.

THANK YOU for your time!

-- a whole week and absolutely no response?

For the almost $700 USD a year spent on these two Plesk licenses (and we have ran Plesk since version 9) I would have hoped to heard something by now... Granted we're not a "major player" in the spending money game, but still...

Have tried once again to get write-permissions on Grafana/Advanced Monitoring:

Here is section of panel.ini:

1620748459393.png

Here is server response (after reboot):

1620748489928.png

STILL cannot save changes (this is after full uninstall, reboot, reinstall, set panel.ini setting, then reboot).

Second server does NOT even contain [ext-grafana] section, yet it allows write-permissions without issue.

PLEASE ADVISE. This is frustrating issue that makes absolutely no sense -- something is not right with how Plesk handles this "write-permissions" issue here...

For the almost $700 USD a year spent on these two Plesk licenses (and we have ran Plesk since version 9) I would have hoped to heard something by now... Granted we're not a "major player" in the spending money game, but still...
Contact Plesk support. You're paying for a reason.

Back