• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved GSuit with Plesk and robot.your-server.de/dns

VojkanC

Basic Pleskian
I am using Hetzner's vServer with Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #45 and I am trying to setup GSuit for email.
Here is what I have entered in robot.your-server.de/dns

@ IN MX 1 ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
@ IN MX 5 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
@ IN MX 5 ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
@ IN MX 10 ALT4.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
@ IN MX 10 ALT3.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. IN A 74.125.131.26
ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. IN A 74.125.130.26
ALT3.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. IN A 108.177.125.26
ALT4.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. IN A 74.125.199.26
ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. IN A 173.194.175.26

What I get is:
gsuit.png

As you can see, DNS adds ".sxxxxxxy.com"at the end and because of that I cannot connect my domain with G Suit?

There might also be some problem with syncing between Plesk and Hetzner's DNS (I always setup everything manually).

Can someone please help with DNS settings?

This is what I have done in Plesk:
  1. Turned off mail service for the email I am truing to connect with G Suite.
  2. I have added DNS records like on the picture:
    2018_04_16_04_24_30_Add_a_Resource_Record_to_the_Zone_Plesk_Onyx_17_5_3_Opera.png
Any help would be much appreciated.

How are you managing DNS? I bet that's not through Plesk...

Try adding a dot at the end of your MX records host names, like:
Code:
@ IN MX 1 ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
@ IN MX 5 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
@ IN MX 5 ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
@ IN MX 10 ALT4.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
@ IN MX 10 ALT3.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.

oops... I missed the screenshot... it seems you are using Plesk DNS.... weird.... It has always worked for me with all Plesk versions I used....

That did the trick. There was a problem with a dot at the end. I managed to figure it out late last night.
Thank you very much for your reply.

Back