• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

H E L P! Deleted wrongly some pages

J

Jose LuisG

I'm using Plesk Sitebuilder 4.5 for Linux/Unix provided by HostGator, and somehow I don't have some pages I used to have, but in my website they are still there. I never deleted them, I was just moving them down and up and left and right, but never used the left arrow key to delete them. And what it surprised me more was that a whole section disappear. (I had like 5 groups of pages (real estate...) and I was trying to group them into only one)
Please, tell me how If I can recover the former design I was working on, from my website which is on line with the former design.
www.rivieramaya-vacationrentals.com
H E L P!

Jose Luis

Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder supports only two-level menu on the site, but there was some issue which allowed to place the page on the third level. It required to do number of steps on Design action with moving page down, left, right and so on. So I assume, somehow you managed to place some of your pages to the third level.
As soon as pages are on third level and this is not supported by Sitebuilder you cannot see them on published site.

First of all, try to place _all_ pages on the first level, re-publish the site and then move necessary pages to 2nd level as you need. This probably should help to get back missing pages.
After that following fix suggested to be applied to avoid such situation in the future:
1. Backup old file just in case /usr/local/sitebuilder/include/SB/Actions/Wizard/Pages.php

mv /usr/local/sitebuilder/include/SB/Actions/Wizard/Pages.php /usr/local/sitebuilder/include/SB/Actions/Wizard/Pages.php_backup

2. Extract new one from the patch:

tar -xzf sitebuilder_45x_patch_37691.tgz -C /usr/local/sitebuilder/

Hope it helps. Let me know about the results.

Attachments

• sitebuilder_45x_patch_37691.tgz
    12.4 KB · Views: 1
First of all, thanks for your response. After I posted my problem I checked for a couple of days if somebody answer me and I didn't find anything until Today. I thought I was going to receive an email advising me that there was replay, but for some reason I missed it. So I apologize for my delay in responding you

Second of all. I started to add new pages to replace the ones, which are missing, but I haven't finished, so I' haven't publish anything, because what is on line is better than having a site without a whole section, that is important to me, until I finish the new pages.

Third: You are right, I was trying to move the pages, to have a third level and I think I did what you said and that's the reason they are gone. Therefore, what I did, was to follow your advise and put all the pages in first level of the menu but I didn't publish them, because as I said earlier, it's better the site, which is on line now. I just previewed it.

But it didn't work, the old pages didn't show up.
But thanks

Finally, you gave me like a instruction to back up. How does it work. where should I write it. Or there is a way in the menu to find the place where this instruction must be written to back it up?

Regards

Jose Luis

The instructions provided upper are related to actions on the server directly. You must have root access on the server where Sitebuilder installed. Please check it up and follow the instructions if you have root access on the server.

As for publication, before making it you can check the preview option for the site to make sure that it looks like you need.

Back