• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Hard disk quota configuration

Posoroko

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
ubuntu 20.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition Version 18.0.50
Hi!

I use plesk with a lisence I got from my hosting provider, Ionos. I'm learning to use it wel to provide hosting for the website I build for my clients. Before setting everything up, I want to make sure everything is well configured.
I use the superuser view and I get this message:

"Hard disk quota is not supported due to the configuration of the server file system."

I would like to set some disk limit to make sure clients dont overload my server by accident (or on purpose).

What can I do to be able to set hard disk quotas?

bonus question: With a lisence from my hosting provider, do I have acces to plesk technical support? I tried submitting a request, but my lisence key doesn't seem to have the right format.

Hope someone can help!
thanks in advance!
Eric

For the first question, Google an help: ubuntu enable hard disk quota - Google Suche

For the second question: You have a license from a reseller. This does not include Plesk support. But Plesk has a support subscription available for such cases:
From experience I strongly recommend to have a support subscription when you sell webspace to clients. It will make your life as a hosting provider a lot easier.

Hi! thanks for your answer. I will totaly signup for plesk support.
Should I ask my quesiton to support team?
I thaught it could be usefull for others to answer it here.

I checked google's results (I always do, I'm a developer) but I asked the question here because it's hard to know what I need to do.
But I want to know if
- quota is installed and handled directly in ubuntu?
or
- quota is installed in ubuntu and handled in plesk?

I understand I will install quota in ubuntu, But do I need to configure themafterwards in ubuntu as well?

I tried signing up to plesk support, but I don't get a singup link when submitting a request.

It's indeed best in many cases to post to the forum. There are many very helpful and friendly experts on here and we all try to make it one of the friendliest and helpful forums of its kind. Sometimes things can be really urgent or technically so demanding that it requires a Plesk engineer to look into a server. For these cases Plesk support is a great asset. They have short response times and are exceptionally knowledgable.
For your question on hard quota: This can be configured for all or single subscriptions in Plesk once the operating has been setup for it. Here is an article from the knowledge base (another great resource) that describes how this can be done:

Back