• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Has anyone done a cl-MariaDB55 upgrade to cl-MariaDB103 ?

zwankie

Basic Pleskian
Hi everyone,

I just upgraded one of our CentOS7 with CloudLinux servers to Obsidian without issues or errors.

The server is currently running MariaDB 5.5.67-1.el7.cloudlinux

I've read this Article How to upgrade MySQL 5.5 to 5.6/5.7 or MariaDB 5.5 to 10.0/10.1/10.2 on Linux?
and also done some tests but the process/procedure will need to be different for cl-MariaDB and because this is a production server I need to be careful and sure there won't be serious issues.

Any advice or guidance?

Thanks.

OK, an update and some details.

I followed the instructions as per the above Plesk Article and it worked to upgrade from 5.5 to 10.2 (I will do it again to upgrade to 10.3 later)

There are however 7 errors that appeared, see the screenshot for details.
They relate to missing libmysqlclient.so.18() and missing mariadb-server errors.

So far things seem to be working but I would like some advise on these errors so there are no long term or hidden problems.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Plesk-cl-MariaDB-upgrade-error.JPG
    Plesk-cl-MariaDB-upgrade-error.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 5
Yes you could say so, all these steps are in the Plesk Article I listed in the first post.

Back