• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Has PSA MySQL Default Password Changed??

eugenevdm

Regular Pleskian
I cannot do this any more:

cd \program files\swsoft\plesk\databases\mysql\bin

mysql -P 8306 -u admin -p <plesk_passowrd> PSA

"Access Denied" error.

This just does not work...latest version of Plesk 8.1.1...

Has the PSA database password changed to something else? It used to be similar to the Plesk Panel password...

I need to get in there to examine the exp_events table...

Hi,
may I learn how you figured this out?
When I do the same thing I am getting "Can't connect to database server" error.I doubt if my situation is the same with yours or not?

may I learn how you figured this out?

Essentially after having installed Plesk for Windows on a new server I couldn't get to the PSA SQL using the usual method, i.e. using the MySQL administration program. However when I looked more closely I noticed that I had actually installed Plesk with a Microsoft SQL Back-end. So in other words instead of using the MySQL Command line program to access my database, I had to click on Start Menu / Programs / Microsoft SQL Server 2005 / SQL Management Studio Express. Bottom line is when you install Plesk on Windows you can use either the MySQL backend or MSDE or the newer Microsoft SQL Server 2005.

I you would describe you exact symptoms then we can try to help you. Do you want to access your Plesk database and you are getting an access denied error?

Hi,
with your help, I have installed Studio Express and there is only one database named sitebuilder.There is no database called PSA.So I guess Plesk is using mysql as DB provider but when I try to connect to mysql on port 8306 with user "admin" and "plesk_admin_pass" I am getting Cant connect to DB server error.
I have reset the admin pass for plesk but that didnt work either.

Actually the only place where this information located (I mean your database engine info) is system registry. So, to make sure if you are using Jet or MSSQL or MySQL please check the value of that key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PLESK\PSA Config\Config\PLESK_DATABASE_PROVIDER_NAME

Actually, jet was designed fo Virtual Environments mostly, and it is not recommended to use it when you have more then 800-900 domains hosted on your server. Then if you wish to switch your database to MySQL you can do it with Plesk Reconfigurator:

Start > All Programs > Swsoft > Plesk > Plesk Reconfigurator > Switch Database Engine

Hope this helps.

TO switch from Jet to Mysql
1. Start mysql with skip-grant-tables
2. Apply current plesk admin password to admin in mysql
update user set password=password('admin-password') where user ="admin"
3. Remove skip grant table, rrestart MySQL
4. If you are using JET and have tooo many sites I recommend to restart IIS also
5. Use reconfigurator to switch database

John S.G.

Back