• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Having problems with plesk auto updater

Juan ManuelT

New Pleskian
Ok, a bit of background:

Machine was a plesk 11, ubuntu 10.04 installed from the official iso back when plesk 11 was released, kept up to date.

-Few months ago, I noticed plesk was auto-updating itself a lot, although I had it set up so it warned me and didnt install updates itself. I switched the configuration a bit, hoping it would overwrite whatever was wrong. Left it so it would only warn me and using the "late adopter release", and it seemed to stop.

-Las thursday I got a mail from the plesk panel, suddently plesk not only updated, but upgraded itself to plesk 11.5. Thankfully the damage was minimal, but this could have been a huge problem, specially if someday it decides to upgrade php or something like that. So 2 questions

1) Anyone else with the same issue, or any recommendation about how to stop it?

2) What ports could I block so Plesk is physically unable of updating for the time being?

Thanks in advance

Noone? At least a safe way to block the autoupdater? So far I've tricked the DNS resolve of autoinstall.plesk.com, but I'm not sure that'll do the trick.

If you enableв option "Notify me about available updates but do not automatically install them. Critical security updates will still be installed automatically." and updates still installs automatically - this abnormal behavior and should be investigated.

You can block autoinstall.plesk.com in /etc/hosts or block port 8447 if you need it.

Thanks IgorG, I'll block the port too then. We'll look into it more thoroughly too, see what's up. I'm pretty sure it's not a cron configured manually or anything like that, so it's quite weird.

I'll post again when I have more info, I wanted to make sure it wouldn't update again just to be safe, specially during christmass. (I must say the upgrade was surprisingly painless for a server with so many sites tho, hehe)

Thanks again.

Back